LinkedIn Data Privacy Agreement: What You Need to Know
1. Data Sharing: LinkedIn may share your data with its third-party service providers to provide you with their services. They may also share your data with other LinkedIn members or companies that you’re interested in working with.
2. Data Retention: LinkedIn retains your personal data for as long as you have an account with them. Once you delete your account, they will delete your personal data unless they’re required by law to retain it.
3. Third-Party Cookies: LinkedIn uses third-party cookies to track your activity on their website and to serve you with relevant ads. You have the option to opt-out of these cookies by changing your browser settings.
4. Data Protection: LinkedIn takes data protection seriously and has implemented measures to protect your personal information from security threats.
Terms of Service Updates
LinkedIn’s terms of service have also been updated to provide users with more clarity and guidance on their obligations when using the platform. These updates include changes to LinkedIn’s user agreement, professional community policies, and content policies.
Here are some of the key updates to LinkedIn’s terms of service:
1. User Agreement: LinkedIn’s user agreement has been updated to reflect changes in data protection laws. The agreement includes information on your rights and responsibilities when using LinkedIn, as well as the types of content that are prohibited on the platform.
2. Professional Community Policies: LinkedIn has updated its professional community policies to provide users with more guidance on acceptable behavior on the platform. These policies cover topics such as harassment, hate speech, and promoting illegal activities.
3. Content Policies: LinkedIn has also updated its content policies to provide users with more guidance on acceptable content on the platform. These policies cover topics such as intellectual property, spam, and illegal content.